Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Natural Hair Art t-shirts / Royal Queen


When I first started creating paper cut art I designed a couple of silhouettes of women's faces. One of those silhouettes really struck a cord with a lot of people. I received several request to put the art on a t-shirt or a even a bag. I thought that was an awesome idea but before I could even think of screen printing I needed funds.  I needed to sell some art on Etsy to fund this idea. Orders trickled in through the summer but it took awhile.... sadly. I didn't want to miss the hot weather, which was perfect for cute t-shirt wearing.

Through-out the summer I was in constant communication with a friend that has a screen printing company. I knew I wanted her and her husband to do this project for me. I had figured out the cost, worked on the color way, cleaned the art for printing and tried to get a marketing plan together. The summer came and went and I was finally able to get some funds together to purchase and screen a small order of tees. Big problem was Fall was knocking on the door and I wondered to myself if anyone successfully sells t-shirts in the Fall.  I did some research and found that t-shirt sell all through-out the year! So I went ahead and placed my order and got some pictures taken. Didn't have time to find a model so I used myself.


Natural hair tee shirt




Natural hair tee shirt




You can find my lovely Womens T-shirt Royal Queen at Etsy! I carry small, medium, large and xlarge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment