Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Paper Cut Art / Why the Sun and Moon are in the Sky

I recently decided to participate in an artist contest that is based out in California. The theme is myth and folklore. I can summit up to three pieces of art but I will only do two. One will be based on the African tale of Why the Sun and Moon live in the Sky and Anansi the Spider tales.


For the sun and moon I drew twin sisters drawing design inspiration from the actual story and other African symbols and patterns.
















Moon and sun





For Anansi the spider I am designing the spider god as women using her hair as the web and pulling from the story illustration, actual tribal marking and patterns.







Anansi the spider


I am really excited about what I have done so far and hope this will be helpful to my career as an paper cut artist. I can't wait to cut my design and see how they look.

Wish me Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment