Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Inspiration Tuesday- Do it now


I am currently preparing for a craft fair in Philadelphia in two weeks. Participating in art/craft fairs make me nervous. There are too many uncertainties and to sell you have to spend money. Right now my money is "short". 

Since I have a vivid imagination, in my mind I play out that I will sell well and have fun. I have learned over the past, what I see in my mind doesn't always come true.


The first fair I participated in I sold three items... and I felt they were pity sales... My art was well received but the people weren't convinced that they needed my art in their homes. 

I know I need to do these fairs. They will strengthen me as a sales person and as an artist. I will work on my "elevator art" pitch and smile more to strangers.

I also, know selling online (Etsy) in the summer sucks... Sales dry up like a California desert. I have put off doing outdoor fairs for two years saying that I didn't have enough inventory. Well, here I am with inventory and I need to do this now! I going to be brave and try to do at least three fairs this year. Tweaking my finances as I go.

I am brave. You can be too. Go and Do (whatever IT is for you) Now. We are not promised tomorrow and tomorrow may be one day to late.



Inspiration quote

No comments:

Post a Comment