Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Cut Paper Art / Business Logo

Since I am on Facebook I have had the chance to re-connect with some old high school friends and in doing so they get to see my new paper cut art.  I always drew in high school, was in art class every year and participated in the art club so everyone knew I was connected to art. I wasn't the most talented, but I really enjoyed drawing and even went to college for it. A former high school friend  found me on Face book and really liked my paper cut art style and wanted me to design a business logo for her.  

First, I sent her a questionnaire so I could get a good understanding of what she was looking for. In my questionnaire she let me know that the name she wanted created into a logo has a strong historical background. The Kru tribe is an Liberian tribe which is known historically as a peaceful group of people who also have “Don’t mess with me” attitude. During the slave trade, traders knew not to go into Kru territory, because the Krumen would not allow themselves to be taken as slaves. This group is also known for their water skills. Before the slave trade, European traders would hire them to help maneuver the coastal waters. U.S. naval ships also hired them. The English word “crew” is also named after the Kruman for those reasons.  My customer also told me that she wanted a canoe to be connected to the name.

I then started researching styles of canoes and looking into font styles that would connect well with her clothing line. I then drew out several variations and narrowed the strongest down and emailed the designs. She loved what I sketched and quickly picked out one. We made several changed to it to refine the logo and make it stronger. She really liked the canoe as an accessory to the name and wanted it to be like a shadow. Since I was creating a paper cut to go with her digital files the design needed to be connected.


Kru logo to represent her clothing line:



Paper Cut Business Logo



She loved her first design so much she commission for me to create another logo for her other business. This one was for her air mail delivery company. The name is Black Swift Express and the name comes from a bird that is native in several African countries. She wanted the bird included because she thought it looked like a plane. She filled out the questionnaire again which included that she wanted the logo to convey that the air mail delivery system was safe and swift.

After doing extensive research on the bird, I sketched out several designs and submitted them to my customer. She narrowed down which style she liked and we worked from there.


Some of the first round of sketches





Second logo to represent her delivery company:

Paper Cut Business Logo



Both of us are happy with the results! In the end she received three vector files and an original business logo paper cut. I received a happy customer and a new category for my artwork - paper cut art business logos. She loved her logos so much she recommended me to other small companies where I created beautiful logos for their business as well.


Contact me for your logo needs now! What you get: 

- Up to 3-4 design concepts of your logo
- 2 free revisions of your logo
- A beautiful paper cut logo
- Vector source files, digital files and full ownership of your final logo

-When you are satisfied with the logo I will email you your final files and mail within 3-5 days your paper cut art.

- Copyright: Buyer will retail all rights to the logo/collateral (allowing WashingtonCuts to use logo as marketing tool on FB, Etsy, website, etc)

*Final Formats: Files will be delivered in .ai (vector source file), jpg. and pdf. Other file format made available upon request. 

*Shipping fee and taxes (if in VA) will be included for paper cut art.

-Payment plans are available- Price range from $150- $200


Thank you,
Janelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment