Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Ways to honor a family member - My brother's story




I did a quick paper cut of my brother. Took me about 1.5 hours to draw and cut the paper. He use to model when was younger and he played the trumpet in high school.

I like this picture because of the great details in the jacket and the trumpet. It is a good reflection of how happy he was, how vibrant and exciting my brothers life was at the time.

My brother is a stage 4 cancer surviver. He found out he had cancer when he was in his late 40's. Getting that news really put him in a depression. By the grace of God he was able to get through his treatments and surgeries successfully. It has been a long process but he proudly tells others his story and offers help to those dealing with cancer. I am honored to design and cut this cut paper art gift for him.




No comments:

Post a Comment